Saturday, April 23, 2011
Charlie Turns 2
Two months that is, which means that he has officially moved from newborn status to that of infant. He still seems pretty sleepy, but Charlie has woken up. He cries and grumps. You can see him trying to figure out this strange place that isn't the womb. I enjoy watching his eyes open wide, trying to take in everything that enters his field of vision, the way he'll crane his neck to see something that caught his eye. We've gotten a few smiles, most of them in his sleep. In his waking moments, he seems a little frustrated with his inability do anything but lay on his back and flail his arms.
We spent Charlie's two month birthday with an early visit from the Easter Bunny. (Claire had a date to go skiing and egg hunting at Brighton with her Grandpa Matt and Uncle Neal on Easter Sunday). He woke up just in time to help Claire look for eggs and seemed to enjoy being part of the activity and being held and loved by his adoring grandmas.
At his two month check-up he weighed 10 pounds and 12 ounces and was 22 inches long. He's outgrowing his newborn clothes, and after a string of leaky diapers, moved up to size 2. He has a double chin and chubby knees. While still completely Charlie, as his face fills in, he looks more and more like his sister. Someday, you will look at the two of them and know that they are siblings.
When I look back at Claire's days as a newborn, I realize that I spent a lot of the time waiting for her to sleep longer at night and to start doing something. I mentally needed her to interact with me. I wish I had spent more time enjoying her instead of wishing time to go by quicker. I know that the sleepless nights and the colic end. And while I am looking forward to Charlie's smiles, giggles, and longer stretches of sleep, he is our last baby. We will never have a two month old baby again, and I know that this time goes by way too fast. Before we know it he will be asking for the keys to the car and taking girls out on dates.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Great posted pics! Beautiful siblings! I am so very thankful.
Great posted pics! Beautiful siblings! I am so very thankful.
Post a Comment