Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Claire's First Birthday

We celebrated Claire's first birthday with family and friends on August 15th. Claire's Nana Lana, Aunt Leana, and Uncle Jake all flew in to help us celebrate. Grandma Karen hosted the party in her nice, shady backyard. It was a perfect day, even if the cupcakes were a bit of a disaster.

We learned that boxes and wrapping paper were initially much more fun than the presents that came in them.

Claire taking a ride on her "sled" compliments of Uncle Jake.

Fun with wrapping paper.

Playing with friends and Grandma Karen.



Birthday cupcakes.


Yum. Icing.

Claire & Grandpa Matt.

Claire & Uncle Neal.



It is hard to believe that Claire is a year old. Time is a funny thing. It seems to go by faster the older I get. In some ways it seems like Claire has always been a part of our lives. In other ways it seems like just yesterday we were bringing her home from the hospital. Claire is so full of life and constantly growing that I find it hard to remember what she was like at nine months, or six months, or three months. I feel torn between watching her and enjoying every moment and taking the time to document all of the things she is doing. Lately, watching has taken precedence over documentation, but I feel like I need to find a better balance, because there are so many things she is doing that I do not want to forget. All the more reason to be better at updating the blog.

1 comment:

Jo said...

Thanks for sharing! What great pics! Jo