Monday, May 12, 2008

Week 22: First Shower & Mother's Day

According to the pregnancy books, this week Claire's muscles are starting to develop and she will be moving around more. I've started to notice a difference in the way she feels when she is moving. There is a little more power to her movements, and they are much more frequent. I went to a production of The Producers and we went to a Jazz playoff game and she definitely responded to the noise. I had a hard time falling asleep on Saturday night because she was moving around so much. It is fun to feel her moving around and there are certain movements where I can tell that it is definitely a baby punching my stomach and not indigestion, and I get a goofy smile on my face.

My kind, thoughtful co-workers threw me a shower on Friday and gave us a wonderful group gift, including a play yard, which is reminiscent of a playpen, but it also functions as a bassinet and a changing table. We're planning on keeping this downstairs as a place to put Claire when I need a free hand and as an extra changing table, so we don't have to go upstairs every time she has a dirty diaper, which we hear will be often.We also received a baby bath tub, some bath toys, bath towels, and a cute little outfit. I am so lucky to have such wonderful, thoughtful co-workers. I will definitely miss them next year.

I'm not sure if I am technically suppose to be the recipient of Mother's Day gifts, but Charles thought that I was and gave me a digital camcorder. It seems pretty easy to use, but so far we haven't had anything exciting to record. On Thursday we will be traveling to Kanab, UT for the Greyhound Gathering, where hundreds of crazy greyhound people like ourselves get together with their dogs to participate in dog related activities and to raise money for greyhound adoption. We're planning on taking the camcorder with us to film all the excitement. We should be able to post video clips on the blog.

No comments: